Monday September 13
I went to the gallery relatively late today. This was because of gathering ingredients for the antisquirrel concoction that I wanted to apply to the back part (squirrel facing) part of the netting plus corners. When I got home on Sunday I found a few recipes on the net – none guaranteed to work – squirrels are persistent – perhaps nature has selected for the hot sauce loving ones in urban garden areas. I had put the concoction in my sprayer but the gunk kept on clogging so I borrowed a gallery paintbrush to spread it. This turned out to be a good idea – because I discovered some nibbled bits fairly close together but not yet big enough for a squirrel. So I sewed them up. I think it may take a bit of time to make big enough holes – possibly because their frivolous nature makes them susceptible to interruptions. Good! – I will carefully check the netting every day and take perverse pleasure in foiling the efforts of these silly scrofulous beasts.